After purchasing a printer, the expectation is to add printer to computer and should work after pulling it out of the box. Installing a printer in the computer is a painless task and once connected it gives you the ability to start printing immediately after a quick setup. The first and most common way to add printer to computer is by USB cable, which connects your printer directly to your computer. And another way is you can also install a wireless printer or add a printer connected to another laptop or PC on your network .Then, allowing other computers in your house to print from it even though they aren’t directly connected.
Wouldn’t it be great to have your own personal assistant show you how to set up your printer and walk you through each step in setting up your printer for use on your computer.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll cover these scenarios below.
1. How to add printer to computer with USB Cable :
USB printer cable can be found pretty much anywhere, and these are very inexpensive and can generally be found anywhere from 6 feet in length to 25 feet long, sometimes even longer, depending on where you purchase it from.
- Place your Printer :
Firstly, it’s important to place your printer near to your Computer, so that it’s easy for USB Cable to reach your computer.
- Plugin your Printer:
To add printer to computer, you must plug in it with a power source. Then, start your printer by pressing the printer’s power button.
- Plug-in USB printer cable to your computer:
Now, simply connect your printer to the computer, with USB Cable, in this way it will automatically setup and properly install the printer, making it ready to use.
- Now go to Windows Icon:
Click on the windows icon on the bottom left corner of the screen. Then select, settings (Lower-left side).
- Open Devices:
After clicking on the settings, you can see the “Devices” option, then click on the “Devices”.
- Add a printer or scanner:
Now, Select add printer or scanner to add printer to computer.
- Select your printer’s name:
Now, you can probably see your printer’s name by the printer name or model number.
- Add your printer:
If somehow, you don’t see your printer’s name here then click on “The printer that I want isn’t listed” link and follow the on-screen instructions.
Then let the Windows troubleshooting guide helps you find your printer and it doesn’t work, then go to your printer manufacturer’s website and download the drivers and installation tools for your printer.
2.Add a wireless printer to computer:
There once was a time when a computer network only existed in business offices, now this is no longer the case. In these days, you can connect multiple computers, laptops, and other devices such as tablets and cell phones to each other by a home or business network and that will allow you to print from the same printer.
- Check your Printer’s network:
Firstly check your printer’s network, if it can connect with Bluetooth by Wi-Fi then the process will vary slightly.
- Set your computer:
Now, the process is to set your computer because your printer will need to communicate with a wireless router. So, don’t place it too far.
- Turn on your Printer:
Plugged in your printer with a power source, then press your printer’s power button icon. [Note: Also you can plug the Ethernet cable into the router if it’s necessary]
- Check the Manual:
Now, to add printer to computer, check the manual that comes with your printer.
- Some printers, can be connected directly to your windows before they can be used wirelessly.
- Or some allow you to complete the wireless setup process entirely on the printer itself.
- For wireless Network:
For a wireless network, use the menu interface on the printer to search for your wireless network.
- Prepare the printer for connection:
Now, once you connect, enter your wireless password.
- Use your printer’s screen and then enter your network’s password.
- Next press the pair button.
- Then, open windows and go to settings. After that go-to devices.
- ·Select printers & scanners(For Wi-Fi Printer) or Bluetooth & other devices(For Bluetooth printers).
- ·For Wi-Fi printer you can see the name already listed.
- ·And for Bluetooth printer, firstly enable your Bluetooth on your computer.
- ·Now add printer to computer:
- Now, For Wi-Fi printer, click the printer’s name.
- For Bluetooth printer, select your printer and click on the connect
- Now, you may have to press the pair button again.