Alexa app is the virtual assistant and the master application controls all the functions and tasks given to the echo device by its users. Download alexa app for echo dot helps to accomplish your task while keeping your hands-free. Buyer can download the Alexa app in Android phones, iPhones, Windows 7,10 computers and laptops, iPad, Mac, etc and connect with Amazon’s devices like Echo, Echo dot, Echo plus, etc.
Echo dot is a smart speaker that can respond your voice commands through Alexa app and covers almost all the applications and functional areas of human life. Alexa offers you 7500 skills with many features and you can use the skills through Echo dot by connecting with Wi-Fi.
The procedure to Download alexa app for echo dot is coolest and straightforward. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Download Alexa app from App store:
- To Download alexa app for echo dot, First, you need to visit the app store, to download the Alexa app. You can download the app on a smartphone or tablet with Android 5.0 or higher, fire OS 3.0 or higher, and ios 9.0 or higher.
- After a second, search for the bar, “Amazon Alexa app” and download the app.
2. Use Amazon account:
- Then launch the app and when it’s fully downloaded, It will ask you for user Id and password.
- Here, you will have to sign in with the user Id & password of the Amazon account. If you don’t have, you can Install the amazon.
- Hence your Alexa app download has been completed.
- Now, follow the instructions and accept the terms and conditions to set up your echo dot.
3. Plugin your Echo dot:
- Now to turn on the Echo dot, plug in your echo dot with a power adapter that came with your echo device in the electric socket and switch on the plug.
- Once the echo dot is on, the blue light will automatically change to orange and tell you the device is “ready to set up”.
4. Complete the process:
- Now, go to the Alexa app and click the hamburger menu on the top left side and then tap on the add device.
- Next, select the Amazon echo and then the options will appear on the next screen.
- Select echo dot to connect.
- For set up, go to settings of phone for Wi-Fi network setup. Select Amazon-named Wi-Fi and connect with Wi-Fi.
- Back to your Alexa app and connect with your home Wi-Fi network to connect it with echo dot.
5. Use your Echo dot:
Now, your echo dot is ready to work on your commands through Alexa app. Say Wake word to Alexa. Here is your Download alexa app for echo dot process has been completed and now your echo dot will perform on your commands.
Echo devices are the best companion for handling and managing your day-to-day task like creating shopping lists, Set Alarms, Set reminders, Make To-Do Lists, Make phone calls, send messages, etc. Also, If you want to add any skills to your Alexa app, you can tap on the smart skills and games option available on the navigational menu. Here you can search the skill that you want to add.
Then different results will appear, enable the skill you want to add then sign into that skill’s particular account. Now you have successfully added the skill to your Alexa app.
How to Set Up Alexa Echo: Alexa Setup Instructions
If you’ve received or purchased a new Alexa Echo, or your just having trouble setting yours up, this short “how to” guide is a great place to start. From properly downloading and installing the Alexa app to detailed instructions for setting up Amazon Echo devices, everything you need to know is right here.
Getting the Alexa App
Open your Play or App Store on a device that is at least:
- Android 5.1
- iOS 11.0
- Fire OS 5.3.3
In the search area, type “Alexa App” and make sure you choose the one offered by Amazon and then click Get or Install. Once the download is complete, you can sign in with your Amazon account credentials or create a new account.
At this point, set the device to the side and move to the next section of this guide.
Following these instructions to the letter will help ensure that you’re able to use Alexa and the Amazon Echo device within minutes… and without issue.
- Place your Amazon Echo in a high-traffic area of the home that has good WI-Fi reception and a power outlet nearby. If you want to ensure the best results, you shouldn’t place the Echo any closer than eight inches from any walls or windows.
- Take the included power adapter and connect it to the Echo Dot before plugging it into the power outlet.
- Hold the Power button until the light ring on the Echo device turns blue.
- Alexa will power up for a minute or so and then the ring will turn orange and it will greet you.
- Open the Alexa app on the device from the previous section and tap “Devices.”
- Tap the + icon In the upper right corner and then “Add Device.”
- Tap “Amazon Echo” and choose your Alexa device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Alexa Echo to Wi-Fi.
You’ll need to go to your Wi-Fi settings on your device and select the network named “Amazon-XXX.” Once it’s connected, open the Alexa app and select your Wi-Fi network and if prompted, enter your Wi-Fi password.
Select the room where your Amazon Echo is located or you can create a custom name for the device. This comes in handy when using multiple Amazon Alexa devices and when you start using fun things like smart bulbs, plugs, and appliances.