Alexa on your desktop or laptop works much the same way it does on your Echo smart speakers by using the voice command by clicking the on-screen button and get everything done hassle-free. Amazon has launched the Alexa app for Windows 10 without using Echo speakers and other devices that generally, stay in the home. Amazon has made it quite easy to use Alexa with Windows 10 and can do many things for you every day, such as play your favorite music, create to-do lists provide you the latest news updates, check the calendar, set alarms, and reminders, manage your daily shopping list, control your all smart home device, and many more. You can also use Cortana, is a built-in virtual assistant for Windows 10 developed by Microsoft but you will not get the expected results.
How to set up an Alexa app for windows 10: To use the Alexa app for windows 10, you need an Amazon account and have smooth and stable internet connectivity. It can be downloaded for Macs, Windows, Android, or iOS Operating systems.
- Install the Alexa app :Download the Alexa app through Microsoft store or Amazon or Google Play and if it is already installed, it called “Alexa built-in PC”. Now, wait until your system is installing the Alexa App. Download the latest version of the Alexa app.
- Sign in the App:Now, sign in with your Amazon account user ID & password and follow the on-screen guidelines properly to set-up the app.
- Accept the terms & conditions:Once you are logged in successfully, accept the ‘terms & condition’ carefully and proceed. The app asks for permission to let Alexa allow your microphone, click on yes, to allow Alexa to always listen to you. On the next screen, choose a hands-free mode or by clicking a button. You can also easily change them at any time by selecting the settings icon within the app.
- Complete the set up:After completing the setup process, you can run your Alexa app. Now you can say “Wake” word to Alexa. Alexa has developed to make your life smart, easier, simpler and better and can give you a better PC experience. You can see the list what an Alexa app can do in your Windows 10:
- For entertainment, from audio books to music to videos, Alexa keeps you entertained and allows you to play the songs using your voice and can also listen to the audibles in a professional manner narrated audiobooks and read the Kindle books compatible with the app.
- You can also use the Alexa app to control the smart home devices like turn off the lights from the bedroom, turn off the heater, and a number of things.
- Allow the Alexa to create a shopping list and to-do lists, set Alarms, Timers and Reminder, and Set Appointments for you. Ask a query about news from your most likable sources and get the weather report before you plan for the day.
There are a few issues Alexa App for Windows in your program can’t do — like video, calls, streaming music and Pandora are all not currently supported within this Alexa. Perhaps, with the number of skills Alexa app for Windows 10 can provide you the services and answer your queries and also you can access your Alexa app for windows 10 by connecting Amazon Echo device.